Thursday, May 29, 2008

TriAmerica New Orleans - Race "Report"

I wanted to post this earlier, but Law School is taking nearly all my time these days. The little bit I have left, I use to swim/bike/run. But below, without further adieu, is the press release from the event.
---------------------------------------------------

Mandeville, LA (May 25, 2008) Brazilian professional triathlete Felipe Bastos scorched the New Orleans’s north shore to celebrate his 28th career overall win in the second stop of the 2k/60k/15k National Triathlon Serious Tour.

The race, held during Memorial Day weekend, was Bastos’ last hit out before the Southeast Long Course Championships at the Colliseum Rock & RollMan. His 3:00:42 win was good enough for the best time in all 3 disciplines on the day and a new course record. “Even though I was on the lead all day, I wanted to keep pushing it to the end to test my body in the 90F heat and the humidity”.

Powering the bike after exiting the water with a 4-minute lead on the swim, Bastos’ 1:29 bike ride split, combined with the day's only sub 1 hour run (58:31), and was good enough for a 28-minute win. “I felt great all day, and tried hard to break the 3-hour mark, which has never been done on the TriAmerica Series. In the end, I came up a few seconds short, but I will be back to try again."

Bastos, an entering Law student at the University of Alabama, will also be attending Macon, Ga’s Southeast Long Course Championships on May 31, as well as the Lawrence, Kansas Ironman 70.3, a qualifying event for the Ironman 70.3 World Championships.

Results link: http://www.championchiptiming.com/images/files/static/238Male.htm

No comments: