Sunday, July 8, 2012

Off Road Triathlon 2012

It is Full Swing Away in the 2012 Off-Road Triathlon Season, and Cahaba Cycles Team Rider Casey Fannin is at the Mid-Season break getting ready for ORAMM on a short notice after some coaxing from other friends involved in the Mayhem.....The Xterra Season has been a hoot on the New Cannondale Scalpel 29er, and I am looking forward to racing the Xterra National Championship in September aboard the Cannondale. As of date I have had 4 Southeast Xterra Races starting in Miami and ending at Nashville last weekend, and must say I've been blessed to have a great season so ffar. Miami was fun , fast, and exciting, and I managed to take 2nd overall in the race. Next was the ITU WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP here at Oak Mountain, and I won the 50-54 Age Group for another World Title at Off-Road Triathlon, known as Cross Triathlon in Europe....can't use the Xterra Name due to Money....it was a great day to race on home turf for the World Championship..World Stripes are in order for the Jersey. : ) At Xterra Tsali I managed a 3rd place overall, and at Lock 4 Xterra in Nashville I was 3rd overall, and this rounded out the Southeast Xterra Series with another Southeast Regional Championship for the 11th year....what a nice run of Championships. Only 1 road triathlon thus far at Buster Britton with a win for the 50-54 Age Group, very tuff on the TT Bike which I have been avoiding for some reason...MTB is so much more fun! Now for the Cannondale Scalpel 29er, it has been a super fun bike. At a scant 22lbs this duel sus. MTB acts, and feels like a hard tail, but has plenty of cush for the old bones. Quick and responsive, it goes when you mash the pedals, NO questions asked. The Lefty is stiff, plush, and yet very aggressive when you need it to make quick adjustments on the fly. Cornering and climbing are its very strengths, and I must say it's one of the best 29ers I've climbed aboard. A real keeper for sure. WEll, that's all for now...got to get out and start riding for ORAMM action. Can't say I'll be ready for that long haul, but it should be a challenge for sure. Xterra National Championship is on the horizon, and it looks to be a fun, but tuff race...need to get as fit as possible for this climbing frenzy. Anyway, BIG, HUGE THANKS to Cahaba Cycles for keeping me aboard the best Bike Shop in the Southeast. Look forward to the rest of the riding season. Shoot me a email to tricasey@bellsouth.net Casey Fannin

No comments: