Tuesday, April 22, 2008

1st Blog Race Reports, A quickie Review!

Alright, I'm Blogging...this is so wierd,

Anyway, Cahaba Cycles Team Rider Casey Fannin here just giving a Quick Run Down on Several races already in the books for the start of the 2008 Race Season. It's been a fun month of racing so far with 4 races completed, and many more to do......1st Race was Xterra Miami way down in the Tropical Jungles of Oleta State Park in Beautiful Sunny Isles Florida. It was a great day, and my first win of the season. This was my 2nd win in Miami, cause last year produced the same results..what a way to start the season. Check out this race report from Schafer http://www.xterraplanet.com/news/dsp_content.cfm?id=2121
Now back on home turf a week later was the Wild Boar Off-Road Duathlon. It was muddy, and wet, and a little chilly, but a lot of fun. A small turn out due to weather, but worth the ride out to Brookside. This race was won by Team Mate Omar Frasier. He really smoked this course, no one was close to him....I limped in for a 3rd place finish, and kept my tail between my legs after getting my butt haned to me by the young guns..Still, 2 top finishes by two Cahaba Cycle Riders was not a bad way to end the day! SCORE!
Now, back in town a week affter the Wild Boar was the Whistle Stop Duathlon out in good old Irondale Alabama. Not a bad day at the races as I secured 2nd Masters Overall, but I still felt weak on the Bike....not enough doughnuts I guess? I'll have to hit the Krispy Kreme A few more times per week. Overall some good results from Cahaba Cycles Team members Deanna Frank in Powerman, and a bunch of other great athletes involved......no other local bike shop can lay claim to the results posted that day...CryBabys! ha ha
Now, just this last weekend was going to be the 1st Triathlon of the season down in Panama City Florida. The Emerald Coast Triathlon #1 was changed to a Duathlon due to weather conditions.......yuk! I was 4th overall, and 1st masters.....so I was OK with my performance, but still not as fast as I wanted to be...but without a swim I was a fish out of water...ha ha Anyway, a good start to the season...I feel like I'm slowly getting fit, so maybe after a few more weeks I'll feel more fit and ready to race at a higher level........

Many thanks to all my Cahaba Cycles Team Members....without these guys I could not race at this level. Many thanks to you all........Kenny, Chris, KiKi, Faris, Barbara, Cal, and all you other guys at the shop..YOU ALL ROCK!

No comments: