Monday, April 20, 2009

Attack on Swayback MTB race


Yesterday, I picked up my first race win of the year in the Attack on Swayback cross country mountain bike race. The race was held in Wetumpka Alabama, about a 1.5 hour drive from Birmingham. It was my first time on the course, so I decided to drive down and pre-ride it on Saturday. Although the 8.7 mile loop was relatively flat, there were more turns than a potters wheel. This made line selection very critical in navigating the course quickly. Luckily, the pre-ride paid off and I made it through the race with only one mild "off the bike" experience. I felt strong throughout the 26 mile race and look forward to next weekend’s double header: Saturday-Xterra Ft Yargo & Sunday- SE Regional Championship MTB race.

Omar
www.ozonexterra.com

No comments: