Monday, March 29, 2010

Powerman

Hi Everyone!

Powerman Alabama was this past weekend with it being the Elite National Duathlon Championship. I was third elite female qualifying for the World Championship that will be held in Scotland later on this year, August or September I believe? Not sure yet if that fits into my schedule. It was a very hard course at Oak Mountain with a 10k run, 60k bike, then another 10k run. As everyone knows at Oak Mountain, all hills! Cahaba Cycles set me up with a sweet set of new race wheels that I raced on for the first time and I have fallen in love with!! They are the Bontrager Aeolus Clincher, 5.0 in the front and 9.0 in the back. The perfect combination that made for a sweet ride!! It was also pretty windy, but I didn't really feel it at all with the 9.0 in the back. I can honestly say that these are the best race wheels I have ever had. They look really cool too! I also have to thank them for keeping my bike tuned up just right. Had quick, precise shifting of the gears and absolutely no hang ups! Also great advice from Andrew at Homewood on the best tire pressure to race on! They also have all the goods for nutrition. I like the Gu Chomps and Gu gels. Love the new Gu Jet Blackberry with 2x the caffeine! Love the Bonk Breaker bars too! I like them for when I start getting hungry before the race starts, couple of bites holds me over. Thanks Cahaba!!! Deanna

No comments: