Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tsali XC Race Weekend





Leading up to this past weekend, half of my attempts at mountain bike races this season were tarnished by mechanicals and horrific weather. I enjoyed a great change of fortune on Sunday after successfully completing the annual XC race at Tsali. It was my first trip to Tsali, and it was well worth the 6 hour drive from Birmingham. The trails were in great condition and lived up to their legendary speed and flow. This years course started with an 1/8 mile climb up a jeep road to the first section of singletrack. After getting stuck in eighth position behind a small pileup at the entrance to the singletrack, I managed to battle through the field for a second place finish. I’m still trying to get my Xterra legs used to fast paced XC race starts.

After the race, my wife and I left Tsali and drove to Asheville NC for a short2 day vacation. It was our first time visiting Asheville, and we had a great touring the Biltmore, visiting Mt Mitchell, and enjoying great food in the surprisingly Bohemian downtown area. We capped off the awesome trip by taking the scenic route home through the Great Smokey Mountain National Park.

Omar
www.ozonexterra.com

No comments: