Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Xterra Ft. Yargo


Despite downpours, the annual Xterra Ft. Yargo took place this past Saturday in Winder, GA. The Ft. Yargo course is a notch down in difficulty compared to the longer Cup races with intense climbs. This makes it a great way to start off the Xterra season. After a long winter of short course pool swimming, my arms started screaming for mercy about half way into the 800m lake swim. A few more weeks of long course swimming will help my open water form. I spent a lot of time on the bike this year, and it paid off when I finished the muddy 10 mile bike course within a minute of my time last year in the dry. My effort on the bike resulted in the fastest bike split of the day and 1st place overall position going into T2. Unfortunately, my extra time on the bike this year meant less time running, and it showed when I ended up in 3rd place overall (1st place AG) by the end. Despite the inclement weather, Xterra Ft. Yargo was a well run event, and I had a great time. Time to run...

Omar
www.ozonexterra.com

No comments: