Monday, June 21, 2010

I've had my Orbea Ordu tri bike for about a year now that I got from Homewood Cycles. I have absolutely loved it! The only thing I didn't do was take the time to be properly fit just right on it because I am always so busy. I thought eyeballing it and going by how I felt was good enough even though I really knew I was just rationalizing as I didn't want to take the time to be fit. After spending more time on my bike I could tell I didn't feel quite right and was having neck and lower back pain as well as left foot pain especially when I ran. I also noticed when racing or pushing hard on the bike I tended to want to shift myself back on my seat to get more power. I heard about the Retul fit at Cahaba Cycles, and after procrastinating more, I finally went and visited Chris at the Trussville store for the fit. It took about two hours but he was so thorough to get it just right. It has made a world of difference in how I feel on the bike and even my run off the bike! I feel like I'm in the right spot on the seat when pushing hard, not needing to adjust myself. Also, my neck pain is gone and my back is so much better! My foot has even gotten well when I thought it was from other reasons. He adjusted my cleats just a hair and I think that was what it needed! The best thing to me is that not only do I feel more powerful and comfortable on the bike, but my legs feel so much fresher on the run. So don't underestimate the importance of a proper bike fit. Everything preached about it is true. It is every bit worth the time and money!! I got to test it out first hand at Buster Britton last weekend. I felt awesome on the bike having one of my faster times and ran each mile faster on the run for a first place win!

Deanna Newman

No comments: