Monday, June 28, 2010

The Mid Season Race Report and Other tid bits




Well, here it is. The Hot Dog Days of Summer. Already in June we have had more consecutive 90 degree and above days on record for the state. Perfect time to get out and ride.
It's been a great race season so far, and I have had some successful results with the Xterra Season underway. With a New Trek Top Fuel 9.8 under me it has made the journey that much easier. The Top Fuel has performed flawlessly. We have made a few changes to the bike with some Stan's Olympic ZTR Disc Wheels, as well as some XTR Cranks. This has brought the weight down to 23.5lbs with peddles and gear bag, not bad for a duel suspension bike. A few more upgrades will come later, but for now it's a great bike to race on or just hit the trails for some fun. The Pro-pedal Platform makes this bike easy to setup as well gives it a perfect suspension to stay comfortable all day. With the Fox RLC 100 up front it completes the package nicely.
Race Results to date: Xterra Fort Yargo 1st Place 50-54, 5th Overall
Xterra Uhwarrie 1st Place 50-54, 3rd Overall
Xterra SC Cup 1st Place 50-54, 25th Overall
Xterra SE Cup 1st Place 50-54, 16th Overall

There's still a lot more racing to do in the Xterra Series. I was able to qualify for the Xterra World Championship once again and will be heading to Maui to defend the World Title One More time. I am well on my way to winning the Southeast Region Championship for a Ninth Time. Hopefully all will stay healthy and I can finish out the season with Great Results. Next up is Xterra Lock 4 in Nashville as well as Xterra Panther Creek August 1st. Then on the Nationals and Worlds.

Bump n Grind was also in the mix over the last few weeks and I was able to race well there also. Securing the win in the 50+ Category with the fastest Cat2 Bike Split of the Day. I wanted to race expert, but since I did not have a current licence they only allowed me to race Cat 2. Next year I'll buy a licence.

Now for the road side of Triathlon. It has been a busy Bike year for me. I have moved to a New TT Bike in the Cannondale Slice 2. This bike is Completely Awesome. It took me to a Age Group Win at Buster Britton Triathlon and it is currently helping me train for Ironman Lake PLacid in 4 weeks. This bike was a good choice for me in it's price point and components package. A solid Bike with a Great Mix of Sram Red and Force Parts. The bike tracks well at high speeds and is comfortable for longer rides. We'll put it to good use at the Upcoming Chattanooga WaterFront Triathlon witch serves as the Southeast Championship. Should be a good Warm Up for Lake PLacid 2 weeks after that..........Whew, I'm getting tired just thinking about it all! But, it's what makes the Journey all that much more fun.

Thanks to all of the Bike Support From Cahaba Cycles as well as the Crew over at Homewood Cycles as well. Special Thanks to Chris Tyree for keeping my Bikes in Tip Top Racing Form. Great Big Thanks to The Malki's for letting me race for the Best Bike Shop in the SouthEast. More news to follow as the Season Unfolds.


Cahaba Cycles Team Rider
Casey Fannin

No comments: