Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Xterra National Championship 2010


Cahaba Cycles Team Rider Casey Fannin here reporting on the Xterra National Championship in Ogden Utah.
Well, the 2010 Xterra National Series has come to and end. 2010 has been a rough season for this veteran. I have had a Stress fracture since July, and it has been very frustrating for someone who loves to run.
I traveled to Ogden to do the National Campionship Race with no High Expectations at all. I must say it was for craps and giggles because I did manage to Win the Southeast Regional Championship for the Ninth Year. This would be a nice end to the series for me, and we were presented with our Jersey's at the night of Champions Dinner on Friday Night. Every year Xterra presents either man or woman with the distinquished title of Mr. Xterra or Mrs. Xterra, and to my Great surprise they Happen to choose me for the title of Mr. Xterra for 2010. I must say it was a great honor to be chosen. Along with getting my Jersey, this made for a very worth while dinner for me. Saturday we had to race and I was quite nervous that morning for reasons I mentioned before, being injured and all. It began with a bang of the famous cannon and we were off. I felt good on the swim, but was slower than I expected. I came out of the water in 3rd place in my age group and that is where I would stay for the remander of the day. I pushed my Top Fuel has hard as I could but at altitude I can only go so hard. It is a challenge going from 600ft. of elevation to 5000ft. and climbing to 10,000.....just kicks my butt every time. Well I continued pushing as well as I could, and still no one in my age group came around me on the bike......that was a little relief, but I still had to run a 10k and I had not run for some time. I knew it would be painful. I managed my way through the first mile, which is straight up for the first several hundred yards. OUCH! Once on top I managed to hold my slow pace and finally started back down the hill with a great bit of relief. I come across the finish in 3rd place at the National Championship..on the podium, it was a great feeling being somewhat competitive with the lack of training I had. Another Xterra Series in the books, and success at that!
None of this would not be possible without the support of Cahaba Cycles and the Great Crew that takes care of me. My bikes are the best, and the Malki's are 2nd to none when it comes to support for the Team. Thanks a billion!
Now it's time to focus on Xterra Worlds in October, and we'll be headed up to Racoon Mt. 8 hour race next weekend in prep for Worlds. I'll Check in with another report soon. Thanks for the read and we'll see you guys out riding.

Sincerely,
Casey Fannin, Team Cahaba

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A champain makes success with his/her own heard work.He always try to give his/her level best.


Savings Interest Rates