Sunday, December 5, 2010

2010 Racing Season Report or Sort of.....


Well December 2010 is here and I guess I can say that the Year is about to end. With injuries since July I guess it's time for closure on another racing season. Time to really start focus on 2011. I feel it will be a great year of racing once again.
For a year with injuries 2010 has been a successful racing season, as you can see from the picture above, Cahaba Cycles on the North Shore of Hawaii just before the World Xterra Championship, can't be all that bad. Totally Blessed indeed! The turtles wanted a t-shirt, so I promised to be back next year.
2010 had me in 14 Main Racing events which were 6 Xterra events including the National Championship along with the World Championship. 5 Road Triathlon events which included Ironman Lake Placid (could not do the run), but I'll get revenge on that later! 2 Duathlons and Bump & Grind, our local Big MTB race. I did make the podium at every event, and I feel extremely blessed to have had such good fortune at these races. I must say the highlight of the season was getting the Title of Mr. Xterra at the National Championship. It was a total surprise and a great honor. Again the word BLESSED comes to mind, not only with success at the events, but mostly from having a loving family to support me, as well as the Best Bike Shop in the Country.
2011 is basically here and the events are already getting attention. The first Main Event will be the ITU WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in Spain which takes place in April/May of 2011. I will be racing with Team USA against some of the Worlds best at Off Road Triathlon, at least this is the tentative plan for right now. It looks to be a great event. If I can only afford the plane ride over! : ) Powerman Alabama is only 12 weeks away also......so I better get busy!
Make sure to stay in touch with Cahaba Cycles for some Spring/Summer fun on Monday afternoons during the season as I will kick off the Monday Afternoon Triathlon Series out at Oak Mountain. More works are in the making for this event, but it should be a fun time for the upcoming Spring/Summer season.
Huge thanks to the Cahaba Cycles Family, which without them none of this would be possible. Until my next entry, may all of you have a wonderful Christmas Season, and a absolutely Great New Year.

See ya on the Trails,
Casey Fannin

No comments: