Thursday, August 25, 2011


Cahaba Cycles Team Rider Casey Fannin Checking In for the 2011 Race Season. What a Crazy summer so far. I have finished up the 2011 Xterra Off-Road Triathlon season with a Overall Win down at the First Coast Xterra Triathlon in July, and have won my 10th Xterra Southeast Regional Championship Jersey. Next Xterra will be the Xterra World Championships on October 23rd on the Island of Maui, and I would love to win another Xterra World Championship, but I have a lot of work to do between now and then. There are a lot of tough dudes out there, and they all want to win that Jersey! I must say that my season has been quite crazy again.....broke my ribs earlier, and then got a major infection in my arm, and just last week coming out of the water at the Mountain Lakes Triathlon I cut my foot open! I still managed to get on the podium in 2nd place in my age group, and I think 20th overall, can't remember, but still a pretty good race considering I was bleeding like a stuck pig the whole bike, and run. Wow, training and racing has been a chore this season. It has been a successful season to this point however, and lack of training or not, I've enjoyed racing. I did miss several of my prime races due to STUFF, but that's life.
We have had a great summer out at Oak Mountain State Park with Triathlon 101 every Monday afternoon. There has been some regulars showing up every Monday, and I would say we've had a great time. We are going to continue through September and see how things end up with the season. We might turn it into a Duathlon 101 as the water cools off, or break out the Wetsuits. So, if any of you guys want to come out between now and the end of September, you're all invited.
I must say my 2 new pieces of equipment have been a blast to ride this season also. My Cevelo S3 has been my Tri/Road Bike, and has performed well as a 2 sport bike. It is stiff but compliant, and jumps as soon as you hit the gas, not to mention it is very Areo, and climbs like a billy goat, and It desends just as well! A great bike to ride, and you can Get you one if you go by Cahaba Cycles, a must for any bike enthusiast. My other girlfriend has been my Trek SuperFly 100 Elite. This 29er has been a joy all season. It has proven to be a very good bike all around in many different Xterra situations. It will be my choice at the Xterra World Championships as well.
Anyway, that's about it for now. I will check back in in a couple of weeks. We have a few more races to pull off before Worlds, and I hope we can get some fitness while doing them. We have the Black Bear Rampage coming up, also Augusta 70.3 1/2 Ironman, and Santa Rosa Island Triathlon. Should be fun!
Thanks again to the crew at Cahaba Cycles for all the great service and keeping me supplied with the best equipment for all my cycling needs. Mucho Gracias

Casey

No comments: